Sunday 12 May 2013

Workbench update

I'm still plugging away at what has now apparently become the Dark Age Village Project. I'm not entirely sure when that happened but it is clear that it has. Not that I'm complaining, it's proving to be most entertaining and will be great to play some games of SAGA around when complete.

This week I've been working through a couple of small huts and the long hall, plus I couldn't resist a quick diversion into the ubiquitous wattle animal enclosures everyone seems to like so much. Construction on all of the above is pretty much complete with only thatching and a bit of sealing to do before painting can commence.





Lastly, welcome to DFlynSqrl, Herr Zinnling, TWD, Sir Tobi, InChigh74, DeadGuy and JonasM over the course of the last week or so.

Edit: I've just discovered that if you accidentally follow yourself (while trying to follow someone else, even I'm not THAT vain) it's bl00dy hard to undo (though possible thankfully). It is especially hard to unfollow yourself when you get a message saying Blogger can't load your reading list because you're following 300+ blogs. ;-)

Cheers,
Millsy

8 comments :

  1. Looking very good so far! Will be nice to see the finished pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as long as it doesn't expand into the "Dark Age Kingdom Project"...

    This is enthralling stuff, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as long as it doesn't expand into the "Dark Age Kingdom Project"...

      Do I detect a challenge? ;-) Thanks for the feedback lads.

      Delete
    2. *sound of Millsy pushing a 28mm replica of the city of York into the room*

      "Yeah, I just knocked this up last night for the Gate Fulford scenario. So who's playing the Norwegians..?"

      Delete
  3. Very nice building indeed sir. I like those enclosures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very impressive project. Looking forward to seeing it completed. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo! Luverly work, Millsy. I particularly like your wattle enclosures - they have a great organic feel about them which seems more 'correct' than the straight lines of the plastic offerings (which I will probably plunk down for as I'm useless with terrain...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Pretty sure you're not nearly as useless as you think! I think a lot of people underrate their abilities in that direction, especially given their ability with the brush...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...