Friday 3 January 2014

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

Time for another yearly round-up as we see off 2013 and welcome 2014. This has been a bumper year for the blog, more than quadrupling our followers and adding another 77 posts which is 18 more than the previous year. Maybe with a little help we'll crack the 100 per annum?

So did things go according to Glorious Plan Millsy in 2013? I think you already know the answer is a resounding NO! Here's what I had planned...
  • Some more ECW, mostly command stands plus a unit of dragoons
  • A division of Saxons in 15mm for my Napoleonic force
  • The remaining grenadier platoons for my Flames of War MW German Grenadiers
  • About 30 or so 28mm Napoleonics for Cory and I for skirmish games
  • and finally...
  • A very large number (200+) 28mm imagi-nation troops for both Evan and myself
ECW command stands worked out well but the dragoons were a total write-off. In fact I sold the Warlord miniatures and haven't replaced them as Renegade are not shipping at present. Best we don't mention the Napoleonic Saxons at all. Or the Grenadiers for that matter. The 28mm Napoleonics got a fair bit of love but there are more to go. The 28mm imagination troops did get a decent look in but there are piles more of those to do also.

So if I didn't complete even half my intended projects what DID get done? Here's a quick pictorial review...


































It's fair to say I've knocked off a LOT of stuff, not least a sizable unplanned 40K Space Marine force, the best part of a Dystopian Wars Kingdom of Britannia fleet, almost all of an Oldhammer Undead army, an entire 28mm dark age village, a complete Necromunda Cawdor gang and a slew (is that the right word?) of seemingly random stuff. Almost all of which WASN'T in the plan. I even wrote the darn thing down to help! Oh well ;-)

Stay tuned for Glorious Plan Millsy 2014. Guaranteed it won't survive contact with the enemy either...

Cheers,
Millsy

5 comments :

  1. If only I had one ounce of self-restraint things would be better. Having said that I'm in it for the fun so why bully yourself into something you don't want to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressive, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a damned impressive post Millsy, I must try and do something similar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done old chap. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...