Sunday 7 December 2014

Savage Sunday

First up, a big welcome to Bill, Dwarfy Mcgee, SteveH, thefrenchjester, bierhausser, w.vdberghe, Doc and bluebearjeff who have all joined us since our last welcome. Glad to have you aboard folks!

So the last 48 hours have been something of a painting blur as I power through my first batch of Challenge entries. In fact, I have just dashed back inside from photographing them as yet another storm in our seemingly endless run rolled in. Talk about cutting in fine. I wonder if Curt offers bonus points for dangerous photography?

At the same time I finally managed to photograph the two most recent additions to my Savage Orc army for Warhammer Fantasy, painted pre-Challenge. And here they are...

Da Pink Panfas... Dakka-dakka-dakka!





And another four Stone Trolls, this time official GW miniatures instead of (exceptionally good) knock-offs I bought thinking they were genuine.



Here they are lined up as a honking great big unit of eight. Enough to strike fear into any opposing force I'm hoping. Of course they might just die laughing instead...




That's your lot for today. I've go challenge entries to paint!

Cheers,
Millsy

7 comments :

  1. First things first, a very warm C&G welcome to all our new friends and followers!

    Lovely work on the greenskins, Michael, but don't let your Challenge rivals steal a march on you...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome and fantastic work! I like the trolls especially - those sculpts were some of the lures that first brought me into miniature painting and wargaming back in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful WH drop! Love the pink on the Savages, and the color gradient on the trolls too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My God, that pink is wonderful. I've never seen that done before and it works perfectly against the green as warpaint.

    The high contrast on the those trolls is excellent. Your painting style is distinct and all your own. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real Orks where pink! Stunning work Mate, the Trolls are amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll add my own thumbs up to these figures and to your use of colour. So many little details pop out in these pictures, like the texture of the stone on the troll's axes. Bravo, sir!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wot awesum units. Excellent work. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...