Sunday 7 January 2018

The Return of the Empire Strips Back


Having spent a good 5 hours yesterday slaving over a hot ultrasonic cleaner I've now got a lovely pile of paint-free Empire lead.


In the end I decided to just strip everything I have in the pile that required it, so I've got additional stuff to be going on with once the Foot Reiksguard and Halberdiers are finished. This is by no means the full breadth of that awaiting paint, just that which was still coated in EIGHT LAYERS OF BRIGHT YELLOW CONCRETE AND SNOT WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING??? Excuse me, some of the paint required a little more effort to remove than I would have liked, leaving me a little fatigued in the manners department.

Thankfully I can now pick up a brush again!

Cheers,
Millsy

1 comment :

  1. You have been busy!

    "Thankfully I can now pick up a brush again!" Forgive my worrying, but this is where my mind went...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnv986R9Qk

    Sweeney Mills, the Demon painter of Fleet Street?
    ; )

    I have to see this ultrasonic cleaner thingy next time I visit, sounds like just the thing to remove centuries of paint from old lead!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...